Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 02, 2005

Blessings

The girls are having a great week at school this week . Hannah is finally feeling comfortable at school and I am so pleased with her teacher. She is a kind, gentle lady who is perfect for Hannah. Carolyn is a little bored in first grade but she will be ok...I try to challenge her a bit at home.

Last week we went to this wonderful place called Tennessee Valley Cove. It was a fun and easy hike there (about 1.8 miles but mostly flat so that was perfect for the girls) and a fun day at the beach. The waves were really big and periodically surprised us and got us all wet!!! It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Yesterday I was talking to the girls about the hurricane and all the devistation in New Orleans and Mississippi and what we could do to help. We decided that we could try to use the car less to save gas for people who really need it and that we can keep our ears open for ways to help. Our budget is tight but we will donate extra to fast offering at church so it can be used for relief. It gave me some peace of mind to know that the church has sent supplies to places they can get to and that churches in the south are being used for temporary housing. Now if only I had an extra bus to go pick up all those poor people stuck in New Orleans. :) Hannah had the best idea of all when we were talking--she said, "Mom, I know what we can do for all those people, we can pray." The most wonderful things come out of the mouths of our babies. I have truly felt the burden of our blessings as I have thought of all the suffering. I can really and truly be more grateful.

No comments: