Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The trouble with a big house

Now, let me preface this by saying, my house is only big compared to our former abodes. A three bedroom almost 2 bathroom 2000 square foot house is not a mansion. But after the shoebox we lived in during dental school and cave BYU calls Wymount before that, it feels like a mansion. Also, it has high ceilings that fool you.

So, back to the topic at hand. The trouble with this big house is I may never take my Christmas tree down. Usually I am so sick of scooting around it and cleaning under it and having Sam knock it down that I am itching to take it down Christmas afternoon. But not this year. It's New Years day late late at night and I still have the old tree up. Taking it down was on my to-do list but hey, its not in anyone's way so why bother. And Cyrus doesn't give a crap--he is forever mellow. Plus it's pretty in an "all the ornaments at the bottom, kind of skee-wampus from kids playing with it" sort of way. Here's a picture (taken with photobooth so its a little silly):



If it is still up on Valentines day, I may an intervention.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I bet that looks beautiful from the street! I am always itching to take my tree down too. I actually put it in our spare bedroom to keep it out of the way. Adam says I'm a Scrouge. I suppose it's partly true. I don't decorate much for the holidays because the clutter bothers me. I can't wait until I have the perfect living room for a big tree!

Cyrus and Annie said...

Annie put the tree in the front window because she's always wanted to display her Christmas tree like that. Fortunately, the tree room was off to the side of the main rooms and wasn't used much until she put the tree in there and then all the kids spent most of their days in there and dragged everyone toy they could find with them to make a spectacular mess.