Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 30, 2008

Our new (old) place

So I thought I would add a few pictures of our humble abode... These are our stairs...they are really steep and the wood is too damaged to re-finish but my friend who works in construction suggested that we paint it just darker than the trim and put a runner up the middle--so thats what we are going to do!!!
This is the kitchen. It doesn't actually have any cupboad space. That is a bit discouraging.
This is the bathroom. It is really cute. Cyrus put in a new toilet.
This is my bedroom. It has a nice walk-in closet.
This is the front door. I think it is cute.


This is the outside from the west. I love how the house is painted the same color as Grace's diapers.
Despite my love of the color and my desire to hold on to lead-based paint, we are painting the house. It will be red where it is currently yellow or gray, and it will be white where it is currently green.


When we get stuff done, I will publish before and after pics so you can see what we have done!!!

6 comments:

Mortensen's said...

Dearest Annie,
Sending House-warming Hugs your direction!! Sorry it was a tough move. I hope you get settled in comfy and cozy very quickly. Any idea how close you are to Bend? Just wondering. Congrats on the move and to Cyrus for graduating and passing the boards. Way to Go!!!

Hugs,
Amber

PS- Awesome house!

Kara and Theo said...

That is such a cute house! I love all the details you included like the tub and the front door. That looks like it is going to be so much fun working on. I can't wait to see the new colors on the outside!

Candice said...

I LOVE the house, Javadis! I'm just sorry the move was so nightmarish. Glad you are there safe and sound- I hope to meet Grace someday!

PS- Carolyn and Hanna go practice the piano right now.

anjie said...

So how's it going in Astoria, Javadis? Has Cyrus started work? Are the kids running around barefoot and happy? Hope everything's great.

We're moving to Ashland August 1st. We'll sort of be neighbors? :)

Anjie

Patience said...

What a cute house and fun project!! I can't wait to see what you have done. The house has SO MUCH charm! You don't get that nowadays! We miss you!

Kathy said...

I am so excited for you. You absolutely deserve that nice life you are having. If I am ever in Astoria I would love to see you. I will be in Newport, Oregon in the middle of August. I miss you Annie and I still think about how hard you worked to help me move. Sorry I could not have been there to do the same for you.