Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 25, 2009


So today was a day I have been dreading/anticipating for months. I took Cyrus to the airport to fly to his new job in Texas. Last night he gave each of the kids a father's blessing and we all cried. Now he is off.

But I am staying here with the kids.

See, people in our new little town don't rent unless they live in trailers. That wasn't for us, so we tried to buy a house... but there is the problem with getting a home loan--our credit is fixed but banks don't loan to people who are changing states and bosses and don't have solid income verification (pay stubs) anymore--good for the long term economy, bad for us. So by the time we can get approved for a loan, find a house, make an offer and close, it will be October or so. So the kids and I will be hanging here in Astoria a few more months. I love this place, but would rather say good bye to it than to Cyrus.

So that is that part we have been dreading. But I am so happy for Cyrus. His job here was so hard for him. Leaving that job was like a weight lifted off him. I am excited to see how it all comes out!!!

3 comments:

Mortensen's said...

Dear Annie,

This blog post will be a treasure when you're in Texas and far away from the beautiful scenery. What wonderful pictures!! I will pray that your family is reunited very quickly. I can only imagine trying to wrangle my 5 munchkins all alone for any length of time. I hope you've got lots of help! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Amber

Natalie N said...

Great pictures, Annie! I can only imagine the work it must be to play the role of single mother of 5. Thanks for the update. I didn't realize you guys would be apart for so long, but it makes sense with the situation you described.

I hope Texas is everything you imagine. One plus to waiting till October is that Hurricane Season is over and October brings some cooler weather. Maybe that's some silver lining? Good luck!!

Annie said...

I know leaving will be a bitter sweet for you. I'm glad Cyrus found something better professionally. In the long run it will be better for everyone. And just think what kind of house you can get in TX. So much more bang for your buck. TX is so awesome for families and jobs for dentists. It's a win win.