Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 09, 2007

FHE


Tonight for family home evening we did the thankful basket, a lesson Carlee made up for our FHE Enrichment night. We made a paper basket and each of us wrote down some things that we were thankful for...

Here are the things they put in the basket (I am not going to fix the Spelling because it is so cute!):

*A bellessing of mine is that I have a family (Hannah)
*Not poor--have money (Carolyn)
*Thankful for school and freedom (Carolyn)
*Mom hugs me (Katie)
*Heavinly Father loves me (Hannah)
*Im thankfull for my sisters (Hannah)
*Cars, bikes Computers (Carolyn)
*Books, Warm Clothing (Carolyn)
*Chruch of Jesuse Christ (Carolyn)
*When I was very sick daddy gave me a blessing. I felt better (Hannah)
*I am thanthfull for my family (Carolyn)
*Lights (Carolyn)--we had a power outage last night that scared Carolyn. I thought it was sweet that she was thankful for light after that!

I promise we didn't tell them to write any of that. It was a really fun and sweet family home evening...one of the times when I was glad we do it (even with Sam screaming YAY YAY YAY all through it--he certainly likes the hooray portion of FHE that we do). By the way, the picture has nothing to do with Family Home Evening, I just wanted to post a pic and didn't have a different one of all the kids.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That is such a sweet story! We ought to post other great ideas for FHE.

Kara and Theo said...

I would love FHE ideas, especially for little toddlers. We are always stressed out before, during and after FHE. I am ashamed to say that it has been our reason to not do FHE, and I really want to keep it consistent.

Tracy said...

Well if Carolyn was in my family, the "not poor-have money" would never have been written hahah ... You have to treasure those forever!