Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Oh, how we miss daddy


I have tried to stay busy (and out of the house) while Cyrus has been away. I really misseed him this week and staying busy made it better!

Yesterday I took the kids to the FAIR...so fun. Alas I don't have any pictures because I had four kids and two hands once again--no daddy, no pics. Some things I noticed about the fair:

...They still have the same rides as when I was a kid in IDAHO and also the same one tooth lady running them.
...Marin county fair food stinks. Idahoans know how to make fair food--the good kind that uses up an entire days calories in one sitting.
...Darth Vador never came to the fair in Idaho. Neither did those other Star Wars guys whose names I don't know. That was cool.
...I couldn't find the pumpkins that are bigger than my children. Don't people grow those here?
...The pig races were the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

We had so much fun at the fair. It was great!!! I loved how excited the kids got and how much fun they had.

Other highlights of the ten days Cyrus was gone (all sans pictures because I need six arms instead of two):

*the girls signed up for the summer reading program at the library then Carolyn promply finished it in one week. Hannah is not far behind. She will be finished this week. Carolyn has read three and a half Harry Potter books this summer. The fact that my 8-year old stays interested in books that are THAT FAT is a real tribute to JK Rowling.
*We walked down all the stairs to the Pt. Reyes lighthouse. That was fun. Walking back up with Sam in the backpack and Katie in front (for about 1/2 of the way) was less fun but I think it counted for one of my missed workouts. After that we went to Drake's beach. It was nice. The kids played for about three hours then we drove home!
*We watched Vance while Annie B. had her baby. CONGRATULATIONS. That is a cute boy. He and Sam were cute together. Vance kept calling him, "Son, Son" when he was trying to get Sam to do something. Sam wasn't a very good listener...Vance shouldn't feel bad though, Sam doesn't listen to me very well either.
*Sam was really bad at church. He gets so excited every time we pull into the church parking lot then he runs right in. You'd think he likes it but afer wrestling him for three hours, I think he just likes teasing his mom.
*Carolyn started Achievement days. We have been twice. She loves it. This week we get to fill out a pedigree chart and a family group sheet. Fun stuff!!
*I bought a new phone with answering machine but this time I got one of those Costco phones with like four extra handsets so that if Sam puts another phone in the toilet, we will have backups. HAHA, I will beat that boy at his little toilet game this time!

I think we did more stuff but I can't remember. I am getting old, plus I don't think I get enough sleep :).

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, 10 days without the hubby. You are an amazing lady! Your entries are always so fun. Thanks for the laughs!

Candice said...

SOOO fun to see pics of the dear Javadi fam! Can't believe Carolyn started achievement days!! So fun. I love that I can still get glimpses of your lives. My love to each of you!!

Brett Bailey said...

This is Kathleen -- yes, it was very selfless of you to let your dedicated and hardworking husband go for ten days, and you were awesome. But a little, itty bitty thank you gift wouldn't be inappropriate. Some suggestions: 3 months of service from Merry Maids? A weekend at Green Valley Spa? Enthusiastic endorsement of the idea that the family to eat cold cereal for dinner for a week (no prep, no dishes)? . . . Hmmm, what else?

Cyrus and Annie said...

Kathleen,

I think I am going to get a lifetime of Merry Maids as soon as he graduates from dental school...all of your other suggestions are good too. Maybe I should do them ALL!

kara said...

You are a brave brave woman!

Annie said...

You are a saint for all you took on as a single parent for these 10 days. Thank you SO SO much for watching Vance. He always loves being at your house. We are missing you already!
Now, get a babysitter and treat yourself to some Cheesecake!!!!! :)

Cyrus and Annie said...

Annie,

WE ALREADY DID!! If you think a cheesecake factory gift certificate would last more than a week at this house, you don't understand how very much Cyrus and I LOVE food. Thanks again. You are the best!

the other Annie