Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Garage Sale Finds

My friend Lainie has introduced me to the wonderful world of garage sales in Marin. I have made some amazing finds and am really and truly addicted!!

I have gotten everything from too many books to clothes for both the girls and I to new sheets, craft supplies, a sterling silver gravy boat (for $6.00!!) pans and games, you name it, I got it!!

I got this dresser off the side of the road. It has beautiful dove-tailed drawers and is in wonderful shape. It was ugly but a little paint and new hardware made all the difference.


My room was too small and my lense too zoomy to capture this dresser but you can sort of see how cute it is. It is low with lots of cute details. I will add a cute oval mirror above it to make it complete. This one was five bucks at the garage sale. Again, it is a good solid old dresser with real wood and dove-tailed drawers and tons of great details. I haven't gotten the new hardware yet but I am excited to do so!!


This is my cake platter. It was five bucks. I think it is pretty.



This cute basket was two dollars.


The best thing I have ever found was my kitchen chairs. They were $140 for a set of six. They are beautiful and brand new. They match the table I got last year for Christmas perfectly. I love them and love the price even more!!!!



7 comments:

Bethany said...

Man, I really need to venture out. I use to go garaging all the time, but never have here. Those are some awesome finds.

Jenn said...

I MISS garage saling in Marin! NOT the same in Utah!!!

mb said...

What a find on those chairs! Terra Linda area has the best garage sales.

Kara and Theo said...

You lucky lady! I love those chairs!!! I kept thinking that I was going to get in on that garage selling with you guys, but I just couldn't seem to make it happen. Are they done for the summer or are there any more, because I would love to go at least once with a pro.

Annie said...

I'm drooling! I just got finished combing Craigslist for free furniture...just left a message for one guy. Hope he calls me back.

Cyrus and Annie said...

cool! carolyn

Patience said...

Annie I so want to go yard saling with you sometime. Call me!