Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, February 08, 2008

Bad luck comes in threes


Lainie's mother-in-law says bad luck comes in threes. We are living in terror. First Katie broke her arm, now Sam cut his head on our bricks and had to get six stitches. Cyrus and I are freaking out, trying to make sure no one else gets hurt. It has been the worst. Sam was so mad about getting stitches. They put him in a papoose thing that he kicked his way out of...it was awful to watch him be so sad and scared. I wish they would have knocked him out. I hope it doesn't give him bad dreams.

The morning after his fall, when Sam woke up he said, "I got a owie" and pointed to his head." Then we walked out to the living room and he told me, "I bonka right there" 'and pointed at the bricks. It was so sad.

1 comment:

Brett Bailey said...

I was somewhat relieved to find that Katie did not break her arm on the trampoline. . . and don't worry, Sam is tough and won't remember a thing about two days from now. It is too bad he isn't old enough to explain to him that falling on the bricks is God's way of punishing him for the secret stash of markers. . . .