Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My friend Lainie tagged me...I did a different tag a while ago but this one is kinda fun too...Cyrus has also been tagged by Bishop Bailey. He may someday do that...we'll see...

A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.

C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog

10 years ago: I was dating the boy I thought was my dream...his name was Nathan. Obviously he wasn't my dream.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Laundry
2. Baby shower
3. Clean out drawers and closet in my bedroom
4. Babysit Smiths
5. Help girls clean under their beds (Cyrus did that one)

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Rolls
2. Berries of any variety
3. Potatoes of any variety (except fries and chips)
4. Sugar cookies with icing
5. Icing--alone or atop anything


What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:

I would get a full time maid or maybe two (one could focus entirely on the laundry while the other took care of all the other messes...wait, maybe I need three).

Buy a house.

Buy Cyrus a big truck.

Buy my mom and dad a decent car.

Get a 6 quart Kitchenaid

5 Places I have lived….
1. San Rafael, CA
2. Bettendorf, IA
3. Detroit, MI
4. Shelley, Rigby and Rexburg, ID
5. Provo, UT

Jobs that I have ...

1. One summer I made telephone wire. I actually stared at a machine that made telephone wire. It was a thrill a minute. I worked with Ginny Boutin. She was about 50, had false teeth and puffy "Methodist hair" as my Aunt once called it. Ginny's mere existence reinforced every desire I had to receive a college education. She asked me once if the Mississippi was flooding my house in IDAHO!!!!!
2. I sorted potatoes on a harvester every fall for years
3. I worked at a potato factory
4. I re-bound and repaired books in the BYU library
5. I managed BYU-approved apartments
6. I taught Jr. High English as a mid-year replacement teacher (what a nightmare)
I have had many other horrid jobs. I could go on and on. Thankfully now, I get to be a mom and wife...even on its worst days, it is better than Jr High.

5 things people don't know about me:

1) I HATE to speak in public and despise conducting meetings at church. Planning things stresses me out.

2) I HATE mating socks

3) I come from a family of loons. I have relatives who love to dip bread in bacon grease and eat it. They actually discuss eating bacon grease and tomato sandwiches like they are the best things ever invented. My cousins and I used to pile on a crib mattress and ride down my Grandparents stairs at about a million miles an hour. We used to act out the TV show Hee Haw at family get-togethers and we used to have lawn tractor races in the yard. We made videos of ourselves--ugly toe contests, hairy leg contests, etc. etc. and then watch them and laugh until our sides hurt. Also, we played baseball outside (see we weren't entirely nuts).

4) I LOVE food (not bacon grease sandwiches, I promise) in a way that is slightly abnormal. I sometimes read cookbooks at night to go to sleep. I love the food network. I think beautiful food on beautiful dishes is one of this earth's greatest pleasures. I think cooking is the greatest thing in the world and would honestly do it all day every day, I just hate the clean-up that goes with it.

5) One of my favorite smells is potato dirt. I love riding behind a spud truck in Idaho and smelling the clean smell of freshly harvested potatoes. It reminds me of everything wonderful about my childhood. Also, every time I smell cow poop, it reminds me of my Uncle who always said when we complained of stinky cows, "smells good to me--smells like MONEY." I think maybe I am a hick.


I tag Candice Drew, Kara Blair and Bethany Nielson

5 comments:

Candice said...

Amen about food. You are not alone. I fell asleep last night reading "Everyday Food". :))

You are so funny for apologizing for the tag. Can't wait to do it. :)

the peterson family said...

I don't care what you say. I think you have to be one of the best moms out there, because you actually let your kids be kids. They will remember that forever.

Lainie said...

You are so funny, Annie! Actually I think bread dipped in bacon grease would taste better than olive oil?!! My dad fries everything in bacon grease: eggs, pancakes, chilli rellenos, omlette stuff, etc. What great memories!

Katie said...

You're so interesting, Annie! I loved hearing about your family and all the potato related memories.

Patience said...

Annie I love you!! Sounds like you had such a fun upbringing. I love it! I'll cook all day with you too. Although I think that I may like to bake more. So I will make all the iced sugar cookies and you can make the dinner. Plus...Chris does all the cleaning up at our house. I'll make him come over when we are done. :o)