Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 06, 2008

More election musings

When I was a missionary, my mission president told us that he thought that every person that became President of the United States was fore-ordained to that calling. He thought that God had a special place in his heart for the United States and that it was truly a blessed place to live and those who lead it are truly guided by the hand of God. And he was a Canadian. Now that is not doctrine but it makes sense to me.

Because of this, Cyrus and I always vote and do our research and read and read and read before we make any decisions but then after the election, we support whomever wins. We disagree with decisions but we never talk badly about the president as a human being. So starting next year, Obama's our man. I think he is smart and a good leader as well as a good man. I hope he will corral the national debt (one of my big concerns with him) and pray that we will find peace and good will in our country.

And mostly, I hope Katie will find someone her own age to be in love with. I mean seriously, that kid is like Pepe le Pew with the hearts popping out of her eyes when she sees Barack (I really should call him President-elect Obama but since he is nearly a part of the family, what with Kate's wedding plans and all, we call him by his first name, plus there is also the kin-ship with another fella with a middle eastern name Cyrus').

Just a little aside, Cyrus and I re-finished the floors in this old house of ours. They look great but I don't have my computer so no pictures for a couple of days...sorry.

5 comments:

anjie said...

Hi Annie, I appreciate your thoughtful writing about politics.

Oh, and the thoughtful writing about your husband. ;)

Anjie

Mick said...

I love your musings, but did you really never talk badly about W?

Cyrus and Annie said...

honestly, not that I can think of :). Sometimes we laughed at him though.

Natalie N said...

Amen, Annie! I agree that we need to stand up and support Obama. He was voted in to office, and you're right - now Obama's our man too.

But I'm still laughing that Katie is in love with Barack like "Pepe le Pew". What a crack up!

Annie said...

Your little Katie cracks me up. She's stacking up quite a VIP list. Rachel Ray, Barak Obama...who's next?

P.S. I love Obama much to the chagrin of my parent who think he flips people off on purpose. I told them they have to stop listening to conservative talk radio.