Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Missed (photo) opportunities

I forget things a lot. Lately, I have been forgetting my camera or forgetting to use it even when I have it!!!

Some of the missed opportunities:
...we went to Heart's Desire Beach and on a beautiful hike TWICE.
...we made the trek to Tennessee Valley Cove
...Cyrus took the kids camping and hiking
...Sam got all dressed up in a pink My Little Pony helmet, my high heels. and a hammer. He then sat down and started to hammer the heels. Then he got in his sister's bath with his helmet and clothes.
...the girls first day of school (ok, I took the camera but we had to park like a mile away from school so by the time we got there it was getting late and we had to rush then Sam had to try to get away to get on every toy in the playground and open and close every desk and the girls had to say hi to all their former teacher, when all was said and done there was no more time left...I just had to kiss them and say goodbye)
...riding the bus every day
...the camp out with Alyse and Jasmin in the backyard
...three swim parties with neighbors

The list could really go on and on. The kids do cute and funny things every day and I miss so many of them. BUT I also catch some...here are some good random shots from recent days....

Hannah using a bib to keep her school clothes pretty on the first day of school...boy was she excited when she got to go to school again. She has a lot of fun every day she spends at school.



Carolyn looking pretty for the second day of school...the picture isn't the best but the girl in it is really beautiful!!!



Hannah on day two of school. What a pretty lady. She loves to have her hair curled.




Sam's reaction to the school bus. He gets so excited to see it that I can't let him down or he will run right out in front of it. He loves the school bus and he loves the garbage truck. Friday is an especially great day for him, since he gets to see the bus and the garbage truck. It's little boy heaven. Also, just an aside--we have the nicest garbage man in the world. He is so kind to Sam--he waves at him and talks to him and makes a special effort to have the garbage truck shake the cans a little extra, just for my boy. He is really nice--a father of four himself. I could probably do a whole blog on how great our garbage man is and the funny thing is, I would have never met him if Sam didn't insist on chasing the garbage truck down the road screaming at it every Friday morning. Ahhh, the unexpected blessings of having children.



Katie after dropping the girls for their first day of school. That was an exciting morning! The afternoon however, wasn't as exciting, because by then Kate had remembered how bad Mommy is at pretending and playing.

Mom: "Let's play fold the clothes, Katie."
Katie: "That is NOT a game Mommy, that is work."

My tricks worked much better last year. Katie is catching on to her old mom, it's time for Kindergarten.



Sam and Katie just being cute.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I smiled the whole time I read...your children are so sweet. LOVE the last pic of Katie and Sam together...so precious! Also, I especially love the fact that garbage day is a highlight for Sam...that kid! Oh how I miss see you guys regularly.

Christine said...

That is funny about the garbage truck. Brendan loves the garbage truck too. It IS little boy heaven!
That last picture is so sweet. I can't wait for Brendan to have a sibling!

mb said...

That pink jumper looks really cute on Katie! So cute!

kara said...

annie, you crack me up. thanks for great pics, great stories, and providing me with a lot of smiles and laughs tonight. k

Lainie said...

So sweet Annie. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Annnie!
Your family is darling and you are so great!
Love,
Becky from Rigby