Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 05, 2008

When I was a kid...

When I was a kid, my Grandpa fell down the stairs of his basement and bruised his bum. Not just a little bruise, one whole butt cheek was black and blue. I know this because my Grandmother took a picture of it and put it in her photo album. I remember staring with equal parts horror and fascination.

I tell you this because I fell down my front porch steps today. I slipped on the slippery wet wood and down I went. My bum hurts a lot. Unfortunately, no one here seems to care...let me tell you about what my day went like today.

Get up, feed everyone.
Help Cyrus hold up a piece of drywall
Run downstairs and put in a batch of laundry.
Back upstairs to put tape on a few seams
Downstairs to fold the laundry just taken out
Upstairs to hold more drywall
Down the hall to feed Grace
Downstairs to see why Sam is crying
Feed everyone lunch
Hold more drywall
Downstairs to do the dishes
Upstairs to hold more drywall (this involves standing on a ladder and holding really heavy of drywall over my head while Cyrus screws them in then drops a screw then needs to find a different size screw then needs to switch the battery on the screw driver then when my arm almost falls off, I yell at Cyrus to please hurry up!!! then he finally gets the piece up and starts to measure for the next one while I head downstairs)
Downstairs to finish the dishes
Upstairs to hold more drywall (we have 16 very steep stairs!!! By this time, my bum is not only throbbing from my big fall, but also burning from all the up and down)
Downstairs to sweep and vacuum the floors
Upstairs to help hang insulation
Downstairs to check if a light is working
Upstairs to hold wires while Cyrus does some wiring
Downstairs to do another load of wash (I am getting hopelessly behind my three load a day minimum)
Upstairs to tape more seams
Downstairs to nurse Grace
Upstairs to bring Cyrus a drink
Downstairs to make my family dinner
Upstairs to help Cyrus clean the rubble that is left from all the dry-walling
Downstairs to get the kids ready for bed.

With all the up and down you would think I was using a stair-master.

And so it goes every Saturday but this one was worse...my bottom was so sore from falling and still I had to go up and down stairs, up and down ladders all day. What a silly day.

Fortunately for me, my grandma isn't here to put a picture in the family album!!! But here is an almost as humiliating photo of me helping Cyrus hang the drywall.

4 comments:

Lainie said...

Annie that is a horrible day. I'm sorry. Life goes on when mom is sick or sore or pooped or wasted. Look at you - just as the trooper that you are. What a girl. Hang in there - YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!!!!

Unknown said...

okay so I LOVE YOU ANNIE!!! I seriously almost wet myself as I read your day and sore bum. Not that I am laughing at you but with you cause I know days like those. And if you can't laugh then you have to cry. For me personally which you know I would rather laugh. Sounds like you guys are doing really good. We had such a good visit this summer. You guys are our favorites!LOVE YA

Natalie N said...

OH my goodness, Annie! I'm pooped just reading about this tiring day. You are my hero. I've never worked with drywall before, but I've heard it's way rough. Not to mention putting up insulation and drywall with 5 kids running around!! You're amazing.

Brett Bailey said...

Annie,

All I can say is watch out for Cyrus. I wouldn't put it beyond him to take a surreptitious photo of that bruise. And who knows what he would do with it. . . .