Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fijian sisters

There is a place that I have never been but that I love because of some dear sisters from my church...FIJI. We have a lot of Fijian women in our ward and they are some of the most wonderful women you will ever meet. I love them so much. Today, I was still in a bit of a funk worrying about my family in Idaho, Sam was VERY VERY sick (similar to how sick Hannah got around age one when she spent a week in the hospital), and I was exhausted from being up all night with Mr Pukes~a~lot. So I went to church, dreading the meeting that I had after church and wishing that I could be home with Sam. One of our dear Fijian sisters bore one of the most powerful testimonies I have heard in a long time, quoting some of my favorite verses from the Bible. I felt overwhelmed and my the Spirit and was reminded that there is so much good, so many things that are right in my life. I also felt that despite the current bout of hardship my family is going through, my parents are doing what God would have them do, and that makes all the difference. At times life is hard but it is also good. God loves all of us and I know that. All this I learned from the Spirit that I felt from a sister who truly knows and loves God. I was so greatful for that sweet faith that is so common among these Fijian sisters and grateful for their truly gentle and powerful way. I thank Heavenly Father for Fiji.

3 comments:

Lainie said...

That's one of my top spots to visit someday too!

Annie said...

I felt the same way after her testimony...it's was such a powerful humble declaration of Christ's role and mission. I truly felt the spirit testify of the truthfulness of what she was saying. I love it when people really "get" what a testimony is and share it with others...and what a blessing to be taught by such a wonderful disciple of Christ.

Annie said...

So sorry to hear about Sam. Hope it's not a repeat of what happened with Hannah.