Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happy birthday daddy

So today was Cyrus birthday. And what a day...Katie woke up with a horrendous cough so Cyrus stayed home with her and Sam since I had Relief Society meetings (a presidency meeting and stake training). My meetings were long and tiring and by the time I got home Cyrus looked like he had been rung out. He had dinner made but Sam was feeling yucky and had cried most of the time refusing to nap at all, Katie was coughing and coughing, and Sam had banged my BRAND NEW YESTERDAY coffee table with a something hard he had found and made little dents. Poor daddy. So I took Sam, hugged Katie and decided that the coffee table actually looked cooler with the dents and hoped he would make a few for the other side too. We had lunch and Cyrus sat down to have minute to regain sanity while I tried to make his cake. I mixed it up and set it to bake then put Sam down to rest. That little goober laid in his bed for an half an hour and talked to himself and cried and laid there and cried then he stood up and screamed for ten minutes till I got him out. Then he set to crying and complaining and grouching and not sleeping for the whole afternoon. He threw fits and whined and cried...add that to all the girls coming in and out with some matter to discuss or problem to solve. Then there are snacks and neighbor kids and neighbor dogs and then Patience from church showed up to record the kids for a thing she was doing (I had of course forgotten she was coming so there were toys and coats and Hannahs one million papers all over the house). Now it is nearly six oclock and I still havent finished Cyrus cake or paid any attention to the poor man and Sam hasnt had a nap ALL DAY. So I feed everyone spaghetti, hurry up and finish the cake and finally sing happy birthday to daddy, brush teeth, clean up rooms and kitchen, read the scriptures and stories and send the kids to bed. So on daddys special day, he got about five minutes of attention and the rest of the time he was hard at work...at what age did birthdays become so lame? Cyrus just told me he had a great weekend that felt like one big birthday. Boy are his expectations low.

No comments: