Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Love/Hate Relationship

California and I have a love/hate relationship. So I thought I would write some of my loves and my hates...feel free to comment about what you love and/or hate about this place.

Hates:
Traffic
Traffic (I hate it so bad I had to write it twice)
Living in a crappy house and paying out the wazoo for it.
Rats in the church--YUCK
Spiders (ok those are everywhere but i think my house has more than its fair share)
Water bills
Tiny trash cans
Lines for everything (even camping)
Safeway
No "untouched" places
Gas prices (I filled up here before going to Utah at 3.15/gallon and put gas in the rental car there at $2.25/gallon)
Very small parking spaces
Narrow roads
Walmart is far

Loves:

The weather
Trader Joes
The people I have met
The smell of outside
Having a creek right across the street
My great neighbors and neighborhood
Biking
Hiking just around the corner
Beautiful beaches
The golden gate bridge
Having the city so close
Sailboats on the ocean
The YMCA
Our wonderful ward
BUNCO
Recycling
IKEA
World Market

Funny thing about California:

*My neighbors all leave beers (some leave a whole 12-pack) out for the trash man on the week before Christmas. You'd think he'd be drunk as a skunk by the end of the day.
*When it rains too much, its global warming, when it doesn't rain enough, its global warming...too hot, too cold, too foggy--all a result of global warming.
*It is bad to have a green wooden tree craft (not even decorated like a Christmas tree) for the holiday party but eating Latkes and playing dredle is A-OK, oh and a tablecloth with menorahs and stars of David is ok too.

This place is crazy and funny. I miss home but I love it here!!!

3 comments:

Lainie said...

Boy, you named it Annie! I laughed out loud when I read this post. So true. So painfully true! Oh and don't forget that you and I are aliens because we have more than 2 children!

Annie said...

We share your distaste for Safeway. Drew has actually called corporate customer service to complain about the poor facilities, always out of stock store.

Kara and Theo said...

I went for a walk in the woods that I have never been to with a friend of mine and I was totally shocked to see a handicap sign across the street on the side of the road, and a long line of cars. Growing up in Alabama we had (and still do have) woods behind our house that we pretty much had all to ourselves. It was so weird to see so many people just walking around in the woods, it was really busy. I miss the feeling of peacefulness you get when you are alone with nature.