Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 16, 2007

What Matters...



Today my girls got their report cards. I had worried and worried about Carolyns mad minutes. She has been struggling with them the whole term and we had been practicing and practicing but still, she was stuck on the subtract...so today she got the card and I opened it with some trepidation. First thing I looked at when she handed me the card was the teacher comments. They said, `Carolyn is a conscientious citizen: always choosing to help her peers, especially those who are most in need.` The rest talked about how she had reached all her benchmarks, etc etc. but I realized that in all my worry about math and learning math facts, I had forgotten what really matters in this life~becoming like our Savior. Carolyn may have been struggling with doing math fast, she may have needed to use her fingers for subtraction a little more than was desirable, but when someone needed help, Carolyn helped them. She chose the better part in the most important part and for that I am happy.

1 comment:

anjie said...

Good for Carolyn! Mad minutes or no, we've always known her to be smart AND thoughtful. Tell her Dane and Aubrey love her for that!

fyi: we learned something from you in an earlier post! We may not be Mormon, but we're happy to take our cue from you guys-- loved the post about family work.