Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas Day




I really really LOVE Christmas. When I was a kid, my Grandpa Anderson was FABULOUS at Christmas. He always made it seem like a little day of magic. He gave us jewelry boxes with ballerinas in them or pencils with our names on them, once, he gave every family this clown that laughed really loud when you pushed it stomach. It was hilarious. Anyway, Christmas was always interesting, because Grandpa A. loved seeing kids eyes sparkle.

Well, one pleasant surprise I've had since marrying Cyrus, is he is fabulous at Christmas. He is really sweet and thoughtful and just great at the holiday. This year, he bought a Karaoke machine for the girls with a High School Musical Karaoke CD. Unfortunately (or maybe it was fortunate) it broke after two days and we had to take it back--turns out it was a bad quality one and good ones cost A LOT. But watching the kids dance and sing (even Sam got into the mix) with those microphones made us laugh till our sides hurt. Now the girls just put the CD in my computer and go to town in the family room--singing and dancing. It is classic.

I am so glad the girls have Cyrus, because I just can't get myself to stop buying things like socks and toothbrushes for Christmas. Its a disease. I am not good at Christmas. Spending money makes my head spin. The thing about people who are good at Christmas, though, is they don't have to spend a lot of money (Cyrus spent less than me), they just are good at finding that one really great thing that makes a kid smile. Next year, he is in charge of the shopping. I'll take care of the after Christmas sales (you know, when socks and toothbrushes go on clearance)!!!!

One side-note, Cyrus doesn't take his talent at Christmas from strangers...his dad loves the holiday. Joseph gets all starry-eyed and excited every year. This year he bought bikes for the girls and a tandem bike for the back of my bike so the kids and I can ride again this summer....yahoo!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Um Wow. Santa sure unloaded at your house. I'm sure it would have been quite a treat watching your house Christmas morning.