Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The other day, before church, I heard the funniest conversation...Katie came out for church dressed in a pink striped (awful) dress and a long green skirt.

Cyrus: We usually wear either a dress or a skirt.

Katie: But I LIKE IT both together.

Cyrus: But you can only see a little bit of the pretty skirt. If you put on a shirt instead we could see the whole skirt.

Katie: But I LIKE IT both together.

Cyrus: OK, if that is what you want to wear, thats ok.

Katie: (Rolls eyes like she is 13). Daddy.

On this particular day, Katie ended up changing her dress because she thought of something better to wear, but most days, the kid dresses in some of the most interesting and hysterical clothes the world has to offer. Cyrus' sister Petra had certain clown-like tendencies well into high school. I think Katie inherited the gene.

You see, I always thought that letting children pick their own clothes gave them a sense of self and made them feel confident. Now my high minded parenting theories have come back to bite me in the butt. When the Primary sang on Christmas, Katie wore a yellow flower jumper with a striped puffy sleeved shirt and bright pink tights with multi-colored flowers all over them, and of course her boots. People actually giggled when we walked into the church. Katie thought she was the prettiest lady in the room. Last year she would only wear this ugly pink drop-waisted dress every day. She wouldn't take it off even to sleep. We had to wait until she was sleeping and take it off her to wash it so she could wear it the next morning. In desperation I bought two more of the same dresses at Target. Now I own three of the ugliest dresses in the universe. Now she wears them with pants and skirt underneath them.

Another Katie-quirk is she loves boots. On this one we agree, however. Her boots are not only cute but they are easy to find. They are big so I can always locate them in massive pile of shoes that reside in our front closet.

Here are a couple of pictures of Katie with interesting outfits on. I don't have the ugly pink striped dress...next time she wears it, I'll post a pic (if I remember)...






Here is picture of Kay's good ol boots. Lainie took the picture and Cyrus doctored it on photo shop. I think it is cool.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

I am SOOOO glad you've documented this part of Katie! I'm impressed with how many great shots you have of all her cute outfits. I need to take more pix of Alyse because I think she TOO got some of Petra's clown qualities. That must be a strong gene?!!! And since Alyse loves Katie so much, it makes sense it would be passed on to her. ;0)

mb said...

Is it a flat screen? If it is, hang it on the wall (wires go inside the wall) & have a frame made to fit around the perimeter of it. It actually looks pretty cool. Wish I could post a pic of that on your blog for you to see. Google it- maybe you can find an example.
If you can;t do that- buy a bog entertainment center with doors you can close. How big is this t.v. by the way.... :)