Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jumpin on the bed


Four little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off (landing on one of mom's carelessly discarded high heels) and broke her head (actually it was an arm).
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkey's jumping on the bed."

There are a few things I learned from Katie's broken arm...

1. You never feel very good about yourself as a parent when your kid breaks a bone.
2. High heels really are evil.
3. Little kids fall down about 500 times a day. I never noticed how often Katie fell down for no good reason until she had that cast on. For the last couple of days I have cringed at every fall. I am cringing every two seconds.
4. Sam is very jealous. Katie is very patient.
5. Splints itch like crazy.
6. Kids are tough. Katie was so brave at the doctor, and today, on day three of broken arm, she was riding a scooter around the gym at church. She is back to running around like a mad woman, no problem.
7. My kids don't dismount chairs like normal human beings. They often go head first or roll off the side. None of their alternate methods of getting out of chairs seem like they are too good for broken arms.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Oh, sweet KayKay. I'm so glad she bounced back. And don't you feel guilty about this. If it were my house, I wouldn't have even KNOWN the high heal was in my girls room until AFTER the broken bone! Sorry, but she sure is cute - cast and all!