Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Kite Flyng

We celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday because, quite honestly, Sunday isn't very relaxing. In fact it is probably the farthest thing from relaxing that there is on the earth.

So, anyway, yesterday after the swim meet and after I hit a few yard sales, we celebrated the big day. Cyrus bought me some new pretty plates (my old pretty plates have been slowly broken till we have only a few left). Cyrus made a nice dinner and the girls got all dressed up to eat. We had a good dinner and then went to the park to fly kites. We had so much fun flying the kites. It was perfect and wonderful!!!

It took a while to get the kites up. Daddy did the hard work while mom and the girls played, played, played...and Sammy wandered around.






Finally we got the kites up and we all had a turn flying them. It is amazing how fun kites are for everyone from babies to old ladies like me!






Katie got all tangled up.



The kites sometimes crashed and we had to start over...



But we had so much fun and the kids were so cute, it almost brought me to tears but I laughed instead :). It really was a perfect Mother's day.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

Cyrus looks like he's doing some kinda jig out there! Great pictures. I love the one of Sammy by the fence!!! The header looks totally awesome!!! I really like the b & w with the cool colored fonts. Cyrus, you're such a girl -in a cool kinda, guy way!! I wish Kendall would do girl things for me! ;0)

Annie said...

So fun!
P.S. I totally had a dream about you last night that made me laugh so hard. You'll have to talk to me in private to know what it was about...I wouldn't date write it on your blog!