Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Stinky Bird



Tonight, while we were cleaning the kitchen, Katie was being silly about something and Cyrus said "Holy Cow! The coo coo bird really isn't extinct! I have one living in my house!" Of course she countered with, "No Dad! YOU are the coo coo bird." Then Cyrus said, "Bah, you are a coo coo bird, and I am going to call the Bureau of Extinct Birds and tell them Coo Coos are not really extinct, and I have one living at my house." Katie then said, "No, YOU are the stinky bird." It kind of stuck. All night daddy was the stinky bird!

3 comments:

Annie said...

So funny! I could totally hear Cyrus' voice in that dialog as I read it. He is such a fun dad to those kids! He reminds me of my dad how he always lovingly teased us when we were growing up. There's something special about a little girl and daddy's bond.

Brett Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett Bailey said...

Poor Cyrus! You just need Sam to be a little older, so you can talk with him instead. Boys never get into these kinds of arguments. They just hit you with a tonka truck or any other nearby object. Sounds bad, but at least you aren't known as "stinky bird" for the rest of your life. . . .