Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 21, 2007

Piano Teacher Extraordinaire


The other day, I accidentally clicked on Candance's sister's blog and up came all of these glorious pictures of Candace. I chose my favorite and stole it!! Sorry Candace, I just couldn't resist!


My girls have the absolute best piano teacher in the world. Candace Drew is her name. Some of you may have heard of her. She deserves a gold medal for how wonderful a piano teacher she is. Just today, Hannah was being a PILL. I would have sent her to her room--she was telling Candace not to talk and wasn't trying hard and was just being super-over-the-top-silly, but through it all Candace maintained her Job-like patience. And when Candace stepped away and I told Hannah that she was being disrespectful of Candace, she straitened right up--she loves Candace and didn't even know she was being rude. Both girls adore her.

Patience is not Candace's only virtue--she is also fun. The girls love piano lessons!!! She taught the girls to play the piano upside-down and she made them love reading music and really has given them the best musical foundation I could ask for my six and seven year olds. She is the best. And she is moving to Arizona. Darn that dental school!!!!!

The saddest part about having Candace for a piano teacher is that no one will ever match up. I know this because she is the best. I will hold all other teachers to her standard and will spend the rest of my days complaining how that teacher is just not as good as Candace!!!

3 comments:

thebohans said...

This picture makes Candice's teeth look small.

Candice said...

Annie- For the rest of my life, every time I need a pick me up if I'm having a bad day- I will look up your blog and read this post. Thanks! That was too nice. So nice, in fact, that I think am going to forgive you for using that revolting picture. Maybe. I love you guys and will miss you too- I will even miss Hannah holding her finger to my lips and telling me to shush when I try to correct her during a lesson. :)

Lainie said...

We will miss Candice too. She is the BEST!!!!!