Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Laugh your way through

Marjorie Hinckley said, "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh, crying gives me a headache." Boy is that ever true. So much happens in life that just plain stinks but so much good happens too.

We had a bit of a funny experience today. It all started when Carolyn called me from her bedroom, "MOM, Katie made a big mess." So I went in there to see and this is what I found out happened. Katie had on her VERY puffy Easter dress and she needed to go potty but the dress was so puffy she couldn't get to her underwear in time (can you just imagine a little girl wrestling her puffy skirt trying to find her panties--funny thought). So she went in her underwear, unfortunately it was poop, not pee pee. So she went to the bedroom to change without telling Mom. She wrestled out of her dress without getting any poop on it, but then she managed to sit on EVERYTHING in her room---her pillow, her blanket, a doll, the carpet, in her attempts to change her own panties. The room was covered in poo.

So I cleaned the mess. That is when I remember what Sister Hinckley had said. Really there are two options when an entire room is covered in poo...you can think about the poo or you can imagine in your head how funny the three year old must have looked trying to wrestle out of her puffy dress and have a good laugh. I of course had already shed a few tears as my perfectly spiritual Easter afternoon was wrecked (not just by the poo, that was just the icing on the cake and poo is pretty yucky icing for a pretty yucky cake of a day). But tomorrow is another day and I laughed and I hope tomorrow I can choose to laugh instead of cry. Plus, who said the great lesson about the resurrection HAD to happen on Easter. I think the day after Easter is probably just as good.





These are the girls in their Easter dresses. You can't really see how puffy they are but you can see how cute my ladies are!!!

3 comments:

Lainie said...

I LOVE that quote from Sis. Hinckley! It is sooooooo true! I laughed again hearing the story about Katie and her poo. Tomorrow is a new day! AND what beautiful girls you have. Those are great shots! I love you Annie!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

What a great message and don't the great lessons often come out of the messiest situations?

Bethany said...

You're an inspiration Annie. Thanks for the reminder on how to make life easier for myself. I seem to do quite the opposite most days. Maybe by kid #4 I'll have it figured out like you.