Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This week...


This week has been a really tough week for me. The other day we got a note from a couple of our friends that said, "We talk ABOUT you more than we talk TO you." Oh how I miss those friends. See, Idaho is my home. Everywhere else I have ever lived I have been a square peg in a round hole. Especially here. Idaho is who I am. When I go there I lay under trees and laugh and feel happy. When I see my little gray house, it feels like home. I loved living there. I loved my parents stopping in and seeing their Grandkids, I loved my Dad mowing the lawn because Cyrus ran out of time and I was pregnant. I loved my neighbor bringing me a tomato sandwich because she had one and it tasted so good she had to bring one to me. I loved the grass and the plans I had for my little home. The only thing that wasn't great was Cyrus' job. So, to dental school we came.

When we were deciding to come back, I cried and told Cyrus how I loved the house and my life but we decided that we could trade them in for something bigger and better. This week it feels like we traded them for bigger worries and better stress. We went from no debt (except our mortgage and one of our cars) and a savings account to hundreds of thousands in debt. I went from seeing my family at least a few times every week to realizing that there is probably NO WAY we can live near them again. The only saving grace for me is how much mu husband likes what he is learning. I hope that continues and I hope he is happy with his job. I think that would make it all worth it. I hope so.

5 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

We are totally in the same boat. I miss my family so much, but I am glad that Theo has found a career that he is passionate about. We can only hope that we can get stationed close to home, but it's never a guarantee. I share the same fondness of Alabama as you do of Idaho. There really is no place like home!

Lainie said...

Think Oregon!! Oregon has a lot of small, farming communities AND its close to Idaho! I just can't stand the thought of you living far away from me!

Kathy said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard week. You never know what could happen. I really believe the lord guides us to where we are supposed to be, as long as we pay attention to his promptings. Who knows, your sacrifice now might lead you to THE place where your kids can live their entire lives around the corner from mom and dad.

Cyrus and Annie said...

Kathy, you are right!!! Sooooo right!!! Thanks for the reminder :)

Annie said...

Sacrifice now for something better later...this true principle requires a lot of faith huh?!! We're right there with ya babe!